Today’s post is a little personal. Feel free to look away if you’d like.
Top 10 Reasons I’m Glad You’re My Daughters’ Daddy
10. Saturday morning breakfasts at Ozzie’s. Just you and the girls. What wonderful memories they will have of that.
9. You love fun music and you’ve taught them to love it too.
8. You take them to concerts and plays, encouraging them to appreciate the finer things in life.
7. You handle the throw up; I handle the poop. A very amicable agreement, I’d say.
6. You put up with bobby pins, ribbons, and hair ties all over the house. You step over bras without saying a word.
5. You’ve given up your dream of being the dad to a professional baseball player and picked up the dream of being a grandpa someday (a very far away “someday” but someday nonetheless).
4. You go to work without complaining . . . ever. Some days are hard, but you just say, “That’s why they call it work.”
3. You're generous with your money and your time. You serve others and our church as much as you can, providing our girls with a good example of humility in an age of hubris.
2. You love me. As our girls look for husbands, they will undoubtedly know to look for a man who sacrificially, unashamedly, unconditionally loves his wife. I pray there are three more out there.
And the number one reason I am glad you are my daughters’ daddy . . .
You take them camping! As you know, “I love not camping,” so you never expect me to come along. Thank you, my dear B.
Happy Father’s Day!