Seems like everyone is getting into the "25 Random Things About Me" craze these days on Facebook. I've been "tagged" (Facebook lingo) a few times, and it just seems like too much work to figure out how to put it up on FB, so I thought I'd just post it here.
Now, saying all this, I realize that even beginning to think that there would be 25 things that anyone would even want to know about me, and then actually posting them to my blog, seem a little self-serving. I mean, really, who cares?!
But just in case you do, here you go.
1. I love my life. So far, it has turned out better than I ever dreamed it would.
2. Nearly 24 years ago I married the man of my dreams. Literally. Because when I was a little girl I used to picture the man of my dreams and he looked exactly like B. Weird, huh?
3. My husband makes me laugh every day. I love that about him.
4. I have given birth to three of the most beautiful, intelligent, headstrong young women I know. I am the luckiest mom in the world.
5. The greatest compliment I’ve ever been given was when one of my friends told me, “You are the most intentional parent I know.”
6. Being a mom is the absolute best job in the world.
7. I love to cook. I dream of being on The Food Network someday.
8. I am not driven. Which is why I will never be on The Food Network.
9. I also love to write and dream of writing a book someday. I hope that one comes true.
10. I’m usually on time or early . . . for everything. Even my three daughters were all born before their due dates (3 weeks, 2 weeks, and 10 days early).
11. Speaking of the girls, they were all born on a Tuesday. Is there something to this? I’ve always wondered.
12. Being offered an adjunct position at Wheaton College (more than once!) was one of the biggest surprises of my life. I love(d?) being a teacher.
13. When I was in 8th grade I raised a cow for my 4-H project and won a blue ribbon at the 4-H fair. I’m proud of that accomplishment to this day.
14. I always felt like a bit of an outcast in high school. Most of those years were lonely ones for me.
15. College was another story. I loved every minute of it and would go back and do four more years again if I could.
16. I love to travel. My dream job would involve travelling to exotic places, learning how to cook their exotic food, and then writing about my experiences in their exotic land.
17. I have been to nine foreign countries; only about a hundred more that I’d like to see.
18. When I was in college I went on a study program to Oxford, which is when I first realized my love of travel. It’s also when I fell in love with England where I hope to live some day.
19. Being an introvert, I would much rather spend time with one other person than be in a group. Groups give me hives.
20. Losing my only brother when I was 11 was one of the most defining moments of my life. I thank God that He used that tragedy for good.
21. My family is very close, even though we live thousands of miles away from each other. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about them.
22. I hope I live near my girls when they are grown. I loved having my grandparents right down the road from me when I was growing up.
23. I have strong political opinions which I sometimes keep to myself.
24. My friends have had a profound influence on me; sometimes that’s a good thing.
25. My relationship with God is the most important influence in my life. It changes the way I look at everything.