My house is too quiet tonight. B and Abby are in Minnesota for the weekend, Maggie is hangin' with her peeps, and Kate and I are home together watching "The Holiday."
Being the multitasker that I am, I'm also perusing blogs. I found this sweet meme on Amy Beth's site and thought it would be fun. I tend to do this on quiet Saturday nights.
1. Who knows a secret or two about you?
2. Four words to explain why you last threw up?
I can't remember the last time I threw up, to be honest.
3. Have you ever burned yourself?
On the oven racks, regularly.
4. Who is your hero?
Anyone in the military.
5. Would you ever want to be a supermodel?
Never, ever, ever.
6. When is your next party?
Tomorrow night. Margaritas at Amy's.
7. Do you know what you will wear tomorrow?
Underwear. Does that count?
8. Have you ever accidentally eaten an insect?
Riding my bike down the road when I was a kid, bugs flew into my mouth and nose all the time.
9. Do you talk baby talk?
Nope. I don't believe in baby talk.
10. Would you ever work in a retirement home?
Sadly, I don't think I could handle the sadness.
11. Are you ever purposely irritating?
Oh yeah, just ask B.
12. If you could fly, where would you go first?
Straight to Europe.
13. Do you prefer boats or planes?
Boats, for sure.
14. One best friend or 10 acquaintances?
Many best friends.
15. Favorite food?
Anything cheesy, gooey, and rich.
16. Do you believe that your first love never dies?
No. I believe that love--first, middle, or last--is a choice.
17. What upcoming event are you waiting and ready for?
18. Do you get your nails done?
Only if I have an event coming up. I'm not much of a girly-girl.
19. What was the last thing you ordered at McDonald’s?
An Egg McMuffin at O'Hare while I was waiting for my delayed plane.
20. Are you an emotional person?
I guess I feel things deeply. Does that make me emotional?
21. When did your last relationship end?
22. Favorite place to be?
Right where I am.
23. How do you feel about your hair?
My sisters got the good hair.
24. Do you sleep with a fan on?
Sometimes, but only because B likes the fan when it's warm. Me? I hate having a fan on when I sleep.
25. Did you sleep in past noon today?
Did I sleep past noon EVER?
26. Are you sarcastic?
See number 7 above. Oh, and number 21, 23, and 25.
27. Did you have a good birthday this year?
28. What is your favorite kind of weather?
The kind when evening is falling, I'm sitting on my porch, there is no wind, and I can't feel my skin.
29. Have you ever cried during a movie?
Oh my. Almost every time.
30. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
Cheryl, this morning, and Kate, at dinner tonight. I'm so thankful for both.
31. Who was the last person you cried in front of?
Kate. During the movie we're currently watching.
32. Do you like your name?
Not so much--it's such a '60s name. (Sorry Mom!)