1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Got an article published in a magazine.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t really make resolutions, but I did have some goals. Some were accomplished, some weren’t. I definitely have a couple of ideas of things I’d like to do next year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No. I’m kind of in that in-between stage of not giving birth but not having grandkids either (thank goodness!).
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thank goodness.
5. What countries did you visit? I just stayed in the good old USA this year. But next year . . .
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A book contract.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Probably August when we took that trip to Williamsburg and Washington, D.C. (Read more here and here.)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Not quitting my blog.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not writing more.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Again, no, thank goodness.
11. What was the best thing you bought? A car.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Maggie’s because she was in her first school play; Abby’s because she’s working hard and doing really well in school this year; Kate’s because she got into the only college she applied to.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Barack Obama’s.
14. Where did most of your money go? I have three kids. Need you ask?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? She Speaks.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? I honestly don’t listen to music that much, so, sorry, I got nothin’.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: (a) happier or sadder? (b) thinner or fatter? (c) richer or poorer? a. Happier, of course. b. Neither thinner nor fatter—just fitter. c. Richer in experience.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Write.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Laundry.
20. How did you spend Christmas? We all (my family and my sisters and their families) met up at my parents’ house in Tucson. It was fun, but certainly not warm.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? All over again.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Probably "24," but I also liked "American Idol" and "The Biggest Loser."
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Hate is so unnecessary.
24. What was the best book you read? “The Help” by Katherine Stockett
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Taylor Swift (don’t laugh!)
26. What did you want and get? Published.
27. What did you want and not get? A Congress with half a brain.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? “Julie and Julia” hands down.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I went to my daughter’s orchestra concert at a local community college. It was absolutely lovely. I turned 46. *gulp*
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? To have completed that book.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Modern day housewife.
32. What kept you sane? My family.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Really?
34. What political issue stirred you the most? Oh my word, healthcare. And bailouts. And Guantanamo detainees coming to my home state. And . . .
35. Who did you miss? I always miss the ones I love who aren’t here with me—my parents, my sisters, my friends.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Oh my gosh, all the bloggers I met! Tina, Jo-Lynne, Sandy. And Lysa (even though I met her in 2008, I met her a couple more times in 2009).
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Be still, listen, and serve.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Great is Thy Faithfulness.
Great is Thy Faithfulness.
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand has provided.
Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord unto me.
How about you? How would you answer some of these questions? Let me know in the comments!