1. Posting this week was a bit sporadic, mostly because on Wednesday afternoon I walked in my back door and all of a sudden the world started spinning. I managed to get dinner on the table, but headed straight to bed after that. Thursday was so busy that I didn't even have time to think about how I was feeling, but this morning . . . well, not so much.
2. As a result of having some kind of dizzy disease this week, my husband said something to me this morning that I don't think he's said in 25 years of marriage. "Hey, after you get all the kids off to school, why don't you just go back to bed?"
WHERE IS MY HUSBAND AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH HIM?? Serously, I think he's mellowing with age. So I got that going for me. . . .
Which is nice.
3. Name the movie.
4. Our sweet Costa Rican daughters leave tomorrow morning. Many, many tears will be shed, I'm sure. We have had such a great time with them, and I've learned some things. Things that will take a much longer post to explain, so come back next week when I reveal the main difference I have seen between "them" and "us."
5. B's birthday is on Monday, and I have no idea what to get him. Could you help me out a little? What do you get for a guy who has a newfound love for hockey, who has a reputation for neatness, who occasionally slips, who knows how to score great tickets, and who is a great family guy. What did you get for your husband at his last birthday?
6. I'm so excited about this weekend. We're taking the girls to see the stage production of "Mama Mia." Oh, you can say whatever you want, but I'm a sucker for a good Abba song, and to me, they're all good. B and I saw "Mama Mia" on Broadway a couple of years ago, but it was so strange . . . nobody danced, nobody clapped, nobody sang. I thought this was supposed to be an interactive show, but nothing. Nada. Nope. It was weird.
So this morning I told the girls that I was hoping for more, so much more, from this show. I'm really hoping for lots of raucous singing and dancing from the audience. But I've already been warned that I will not, should not, under ANY circumstances, start the singing and dancing.
I will not embarrass my kids. I will not embarrass my kids. I will not embarrass my kids. . . .
O.K., so spill it. What are YOU doing this weekend?