Seems like I'm going to be doing a bit of both in these next few weeks, so if things are a bit sporadic around here, you'll understand why. But the good news is that there will be a lot of great Travel Tuesday posts to fill our time after the summer ends.
In the meantime, some thoughts . . .
1. I don't think parents should put guilt trips on their kids for wanting to spend summers away, but still, I'm missing my middle girl. Eight weeks is a long time to be away from
2. Kohler, WI is a lovely little town. The kind of place I could settle down in if it weren't north of my never-live-any-farther-north-than-I-do-right-now rule. B and I spent a lovely weekend . . . alone . . . in Kohler last weekend. Which brings me to . . .
3. When you set high expectations of your kids, they'll usually meet them. Mine sure did this past weekend. Thank you, girls!
4. I've been thinking about this a lot lately: why don't I set high expectations of God? I totally believe He's all-powerful and can perform miracles, but I don't look for them. I don't see them every day, so I don't expect them. This frustrates me about myself, and I'm seeing this weakness in my faith more and more through different circumstances.
5. I'm in between books right now, and I hate that feeling. It's like there's something missing in my life when I'm not reading a book. I need to start East of Eden (which I've read before and LOVED) for our book club for August, but in the meantime I need something light. Any suggestions?
6. I live in a house full of bathrooms. In fact, we have four full bathrooms--a real plus when you're raising girls. Why, then, if our home is so bathroom-abundant, do I constantly bemoan the fact that I can't use the downstairs bathroom which is being remodeled right now? Ridiculous. Thankfully, it's almost finished and I'll be able to post pictures next week. I'm loving it, but it's turning out more retro than I originally thought it would. Interesting how that works.
So, I'm heading out tomorrow. You'll definitely get a Fabulous Friday Food post on Friday, but probably not much more this week unless I have some profound thoughts in the car. (Which is entirely likely. I get some of my best ideas while I'm in the car.) But I'm trying to keep your expectations low here. Since I'm coming and going this summer, the most you can probably expect is a quick hello every now and then.
From somewhere. You never know where I'll be coming from . . . or going to. . . .