The top 10 things I loved about my class reunion.
1. The Anticipation. Believe it or not, I actually LIKE getting my house ready to have guests. I like thinking about meals. And I had a great time "fallifying" my house.
And it sure didn't hurt when these showed up on the very day my friends arrived.
Thanks, Jen and E!
2. Hugs. Just a natural reaction to seeing someone you haven't seen in nearly 25 years.
3. The food. One banquet. One tailgate BBQ. Lots of breakfasts. What can I say? I'm all about the food!
4. Class photos. This takes time and patience, but it also means you never know who you'll run into. I saw people there that I didn't see for the rest of the weekend. And one friend who lives right here whom I never get to see!
5. Our Freshman Floor. It was amazing to see so many girls who were on my floor freshman year. I guess that just goes to show that 1 West truly is the Best!
6. Powder Puff Football. That's Kate, looking tough and playing in her first Powder Puff game EVER.
She had fun . . . until she got crushed underneath another girl and her hip popped out of its socket. We're working on that one.
7. Seeing old boyfriends. Eh, not so much.
8. Hearing stories. At our banquet on Saturday night, we had a time of sharing that was really special. It was wonderful to see how God has carried so many of our classmates through some really rough storms. That's what it's really all about.
9. The pictures. Oh my! Throughout the weekend we were treated to several video montages of old pictures from college days. The hair! And those fair isle sweaters! We were prepsters, what can I say?
Each of our nametags sported our senior picture, too. Despite the fuzzy quality of this photo, I thought you'd enjoy seeing the Dorothy Hamill haircut in all it's glory.
10. The Anticipation. Again. Now that we've gotten back in touch, many of us have decided that we can't wait another 25 years to get together. And now that most of our kids are older it's easier to get away. We had fun dreaming and scheming about how and when we could next see each other. Love that!
So that's my weekend in a nutshell. More to come tomorrow.
How was YOUR weekend? What do you miss about your college friends?
Today I'm linking up with Top Ten Tuesday at Oh Amanda!