All sorts of random thoughts are floating around in my head today, so I thought I'd just list them out.
1. My 13-year-old daughter informed me on our way to church last night that she really, truly is the only person in her entire school of 650 people who does not have a cell phone. She thinks that makes her a geek. I think it makes her unique.
2. I must write a post sometime about our cell-phone policy. The Wildman Way (Thanks to Caroline's friend, E, for coining that phrase) states that cell phones shall not be issued until said user enters high school. I guess we like to keep them geeks for as long as possible.
3. I also learned at church last night (hanging out with junior high girls is SO informative) that kids no longer use the phrase "burnout." Go figure. Apparently "druggie" is more PC. Go figure again.
4. Why was I using the term "burnout" at church last night? It's a long, complicated story. Kind of like, "Give your life to Jesus and don't end up like the burnouts do" kind of thing. Only not quite that bad.
5. Charlie Sheen is probably a burnout, but whether he is or whether he isn't doesn't really matter to me. I'm tired of him now.
6. I'm having a mascara crisis. I'm using Loreal somethingorother right now, but it just doesn't seem to be, I don't know, enough. I have very thin, skimpy lashes. Any suggestions?
7. I miss these.
Now go make it a good day!
P.S. There will be no Fabulous Friday Food this week because even though I made THE most delicious beef stew of my life this week, I neglected to take pictures of it. And besides, I'm attending the Women of the Word seminar in Chicago for the next three days and things like cooking and blogging will have to take a back seat to meeting people and learning good stuff and laughing like crazy with my friend, Cheryl.