So where have I been the past week?
Let me count the places.
1. To work, one week ago today. When I shut down my computer, put it in the car to take home, and then tried to start it up again. Except it wouldn’t. Start up again.
2. To the Apple Store. Right away. To get those experts to figure out how to start my computer again. Except they couldn’t. Figure it out.
3. Home. To cry. Real hard. And to somehow collect my thoughts and try to reconstruct the two manuscripts I had already started and that might have been lost on my crashed hard drive.
4. Back to work to grade papers. Lots of them.
5. Back home to try to be a mom to my kids and a wife to my husband.
6. Out to dinner with said husband. We tried a new place in the next town over and ohmygoodnessyum!!! Best meal I’ve had in a long time. A highlight of my otherwise pretty terrible week.
7. Back to the Apple Store to collect my now-fixed computer. And to realize that God had mercy on me, yet again. Everything was restored. Everything.
8. Back to work to deliver said papers to my students. “But Mrs. Wildman, I know I’m a good writer!” My head hurts.
8. Back home. . . .
You get it.