1. Birthday season. From late January to the end of April is not just hockey season, it's birthday season around here. All five of us have birthdays within a couple of months, so it's a little crazy baking cakes, hanging crepe paper, and buying gifts.
2. School. Last Friday was the last day of classes, so I picked up a little light reading.
3. Grading. (See above.) Those puppies need to be graded this week, and since it takes me nearly 30 minutes each, this could take some time.
4. Not writing. (See #2 above.)
5. Saying goodbye. College students are leaving, so we had
6. Thinking about graduation. This year we have two graduations--one from high school and one from middle school. This means planning and dress-buying. These things take time.
7. Getting ready. . . for guests, that is. Over the next few weeks our home will be filled with family and friends--just the way I like it. It's going to be a busy time, but so much fun to have people in and out.
8. Getting together . . . with friends. Last week I went into the city to spend a day with Glenda, and it was what I'd consider one of my perfect days in the city: lunch at Julius Meinl Cafe, a walk around a cool neighborhood, a trip to Vintage Pine, and a stroll through the Lincoln Park Whole Foods--all with a great person! In the coming weeks I have many other fun get-togethers planned with friends.
9. Nominating. Have you ever served on a nominating committee at your church? If you have, you know what I've been up against since January. Almost done.
10. Planning. Have I mentioned that I'm going on a missions trip this summer? We leave in nine weeks. Wait. What? Nine weeks?! How can that be? Oh dear.
So there. Just ten things I've been doing lately. I'm sorry I'm not around here as much as I'd like to be, but it just can't be helped right now. I'll get back here as soon as I can think again, which will be soon, because this pile?
will soon become this pile.
Those grades WILL be posted and summer WILL begin. Soon!